Care tips for your Uniforms or Work Wear
When it comes to laundering your uniform or work wear there are simple tips that will prolong the life of your garment. Different fabrics have different care requirements so it’s best to assess these requirements when choosing your uniform or work wear to decide what a practical solution is for your needs.
When laundering its always best to carefully read each garment’s specific care instructions especially if they are blended fabric. Read our blog on Key Fabric Properties of School Uniforms here.
The following care instructions will help clarify what is needed for each fabric:
- Machine washable – delicate, cold cycle recommended for longer lasting wear
- Wash light and dark colours separately
- Dry immediately after wash
- Tumble dry if specific instructions permit
- Wash garments inside out to avoid fluffing and pilling
- Hot iron to remove creases
- Wash in cold or warm water
- Tumble dry if specific instructions permit on a low heat setting
- May require more washing as odours and stains stick to polyester fibres
- Dry-cleaning recommended due to shrinkage and loss of colour from heat and regular washing
- Cold wash and air dry for some garments
- Cold or warm machine wash
- Tumble dry on low heat setting
- Cold machine wash only
- Wash inside out to avoid fluffing and pilling
- Use a ‘wool’ or ‘delicate’ cycle on washing machine
- Use an approved woollen detergent – enzyme based detergents will destroy the natural woollen fibres
- Dry flat in shade to avoid stretching
When designing your school uniform, work with a trusted manufacturer that will take the time to go through the fabrics and advise on the right materials for your school or work uniform. The right material will have the students or your staff comfortable and performing at their best as well as the ease of laundering.
For all your uniform needs trust Devon Clothing. Feel free to contact us for further information.
For over 30 years Devon Clothing, a proudly Australian business, has been a leading School uniform designer, manufacturer and supplier to schools around Australia.